Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adding to and Taking Away from the Bible!


I want to begin by saying it is not my intention to attack any individual, my intention is to speak the truth in love, and hope that the truth can set people free from the deception they have allowed themselves to be lead into. My heart is for people, and it breaks my heart when I see them following others right off of a cliff. For example, the bridge on a major interstate is out and people are driving off of it right into the Mississippi River and let's say Jane is silently standing there praying for everyone who passes by to see that the bridge is out and John is shooting flares and jumping in front of the cars waving and doing everything he can to get them to see the truth and probably getting persecuted and cursed by angry drivers. Who loves them more? The passive one or the one actively trying to get them to see the truth? Well, I have decided to be like John, even if people hate me because of it! I can't, in good-conscious, keep silent and remain passive! So anyway, now that I've shared my heart it is time for the point I wanted to make...

Lately, I am becoming more and more aware of the fact that we are living in the last days as I see the boldness and audacity of some people to purport the doctrines and beliefs that DO NOT line up with scripture. I could not believe my eyes when I read where someone quoted scripture as follows:

"Who then can be saved? Jesus said, with man (including tithing & sowing seed) it is IMPOSSIBLE, but with God who HAS PROVIDED THE TITHE, Jesus Christ, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!"

The problem is that for one they don't give a verse reference, so a new believer could blindly accept this as the gospel truth. The second issue, which is the main one, is that they have added to the scripture. This verse, found in Mark 10:27, does not say that at all, the verse ACTUALLY reads:

"Jesus glanced around at them and said, With men [it is] impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."

I researched different translations and commentaries on this whole passage of scripture and found nothing that remotely resembled this individuals quoted "verse" ... This is not an isolated occurrence either, I have seen so many people loosely interpreting the Word of God, following paraphrases of scripture as the "truth," and allowing MEN's perceptions and opinions of the Word to guide their spiritual life. There is such a thing as clearer revelation on certain themes in the Bible, BUT they must ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS line up with the FULL COUNSEL of the WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone brings new revelation to the table and you say, "well, OK I like that, but what about verse such-n-such?" and they say, "Oh, that scripture doesn't apply to us, we are living under NEW revelation, let me explain to you more aout this wonderful new freedom I've discovered..." then RUN RUN RUN! God is not a liar, and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever... He never changes. If He said something in His Word, it doesn't just magically disappear because some man said it did! People are too comfortable with throwing out parts of the Bible they don't like and adding parts that their FLESH likes, I don't know about you but I DO NOT want to be caught doing either one of those things, because in Revelation 22:18-19 it gives clear warning to anyone who would take it upon themselves to do such an act:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book."
Believers, now more than ever before we need to KNOW the Word of God! You need to constantly study it and "Do your best to present yourself to God as an approved worker who has nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of truth with precision." (2 Tim. 2:15, ISV) We are living in the times that the Bible warned us about, times when even the most elect can fall prey to the deceptions of Satan! Know the Word, Stand strong in the Word, and DO NOT BE SWAYED by trendy teachings, "new" revelations are really, sometimes just old deceptions with a face lift. "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." (Eccl. 1:9 NIV)


The following is a list of scriptures that warn us about what we will face in these last days regarding doctrine and teachings:

‎"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from ...heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." - Galatians 1:6-12


"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" - 1 Timothy 4:1


"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." - Matthew 24:11


"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matthew 24:24


"For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." - 2 Corinthians 11:13-14


"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." - 2 Peter 2:1


Study the WORD,
 
JRT

No comments:

Post a Comment