Friday, January 21, 2011

Give Me the Word!




The following words are lyrics from a song that Raygene Wilson used to sing called "Give Me the Word." That song has just been stirring in my heart and I just wanted to put it out here! :) I may have messed some words up since I was typing and listening to the song (since I can't actually find the lyrics ANYWHERE!) ... but, that aside, these are AWESOME words to sing!




GIVE ME THE WORD
Give me the Word, Make it plain and clear to me
Give me the Word, It’s a light that I might see
Give me the Word, It’s my total victory
Over every situation give me the Word!

It’s been tested, it’s been tried
Search and find, your satisfied
Though the story’s old, The message still is true
It’s been ridiculed, It’s been chained
Still it’s power’s never changed
It will stand the test forever give me the Word

Give me the Word, Make it plain and clear to me
Give me the Word, It’s a light that I might see
Give me the Word, It’s my total victory
Over every situation give me the Word!

I don’t want it watered-down
Sugar-coated or profound
Give me basic truths that last the course of time
And preach it strong, preach it clear
So that all the world can hear
It will change your lives forever, Give me the Word

Give me the Word
In times of trouble
Give me the Word
In times of fear
Give me the Word
When my faith is tested, and death may be drawing near
Give me the Word
When life is challenged
Give me the Word
When I’m in need
Over every situation give me the Word

Give me the Word, Make it plain and clear to me
Give me the Word, It’s a light that I might see
Give me the Word, It’s my total victory
Over every situation give me the Word!





"For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 AMP 



BLESSINGS, 

JRT

25 comments:

  1. Do you know where I could find an audio version of this song? Please email info to mattrodgers89@sbcglobal.net if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on youtube - Mike Purkey (album: I Plead the Blood)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes Please, I would love a audio version as well this song is so powerful I just heard it yesterday for the first time Please Chellywopit2@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting! You are blessed to be a blessing! Do you know where I can get the video/audio version of this? If so please e-mail me at ihavefavour@yahoo.com
    Much appreciated! Be Blessed!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, PLEASE send the audio version to sheriee2009@live.com

    Thank you so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you pls send me the audio? Akandeadebayo@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day Jessica, i woke up with the lyrics of the song in my heart. Any link on where i can get the audio? If yes, kindly direct such to omowoyele@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just woke up to this song
    can i pls have the audio version? thanks
    jyaria@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! I deleted my reply. Could I also have the audio version? Please send to mcronbaugh@mchsi.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on youtube - Mike Purkey (album: I Plead the Blood)

      Delete
  10. wow! i just sang this song to a friend today! Know where I can find the audio?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't find this song anywhere! Is there an audio version of it I could request? Not sure if any of the previous askers have received the audio when requested. In any case, my email is randscaping@gmail.com if you could share it with me please. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on youtube - Mike Purkey (album: I Plead the Blood)

      Delete
  12. Go online to Rhema Bible Church bookstore.
    Rhema Singers & Band.
    it was written by L. Luzecki and she was in RS&B with RayGene. I used to play this cassette nonstop it just BUILDS in your spirit the more you listen and sing it. So anointed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the correct spelling of the Author is Leah Luzecky. You should always post her name after the words of the song. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
    2. I contacted Leah Luzecky who sang with RayGene and she informed me that Nancy Harmon is the one who wrote the song!

      Delete
  13. I couldnt recall all the lyrics & found this thank you so much. I do want to mention a couple other things for you... "its been chained" I believe is actually "its been shamed" and "search and find" is actually "over time". Hope this is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pls can you email the audio version to ogechai2000@yahoo.com, i have been looking for this songs for years now. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PLEASEsend audio to stephaniebabbitt67@gmail.com. Two T's at the end of Babbitt and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, where can we locate the audio version of this song? We are wanting to sing it with our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on youtube - Mike Purkey (album: I Plead the Blood)

      Delete
  17. does anyone have the chords for this song? I can't find them anywhere. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was on house when he ministered most of this. Ray gene is one of the good ones. Rhj
    https://youtu.be/OXIeM82HruY

    ReplyDelete