Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gordon's Love Letters to Freda





A friend of mine posted this and it blessed me so much that I wanted to share it with you guys! Enjoy!



Gordon's Love Letters to Freda


by Mica Charity Kilstrom on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 6:30pm


Ladies,

I had posted these on my fb status, but it was requested of me by my dear sweet cousin to combine these in a note for all of you. Recently, I've been doing some research on the lives of Gordon and Freda Lindsay, who have always been some of the classic ministers I've admired most. Their ministry encompassed many different arenas, including pastoring, pioneering, evangelism, revivalism, writing, editing, publishing, and missions. The Lindsays were such a unique blend of gifts and anointings, and together, were a dynamic team powerfully used by God. As a writer, I've always been encouraged in how their writing and editorial gifts greatly blessed the body of Christ - especially at a time when that area of ministry was in need of pioneering spirits.


While at the ORU library today, I was able to locate three of their books - two autobiographies by Gordon, and one autobiography by Freda. It was in Freda's book "My Diary Secrets" that I stumbled upon a delightful discovery: their love letters! A true romantic at heart, I couldn't help but sighing with dreamy contentment at each word Gordon penned to his sweetheart. Their love was truly designed by the Lord, and mirrors what I trust the Lord has for me. Since I am admittingly still in my season of waiting, I found these notes of endearing love a beatiful reminder of the graciousness the Lord bestows upon His children in our romantic lives. Truly, He has a plan for us and, at each turn in the road, is orchestrating a most incredible love story for each of us who dare to wait upon Him.

Knowing that several of you young ladies also find yourselves in this quiet season of waiting, I thought these love letters between this most amazing minstry couple would greatly encourage each of you. So read on, my dear friends, and picture your love life just as beautifully scripted in every detail.



  • ‎My dearest Freda,
You have come to mean more to me than anything else in the world. May it ever be thus. It gives me a thrill to be able to write, not Dear Freda, but Dearest Freda....

From your Sweetheart, Gordon

  • My dearest sweetheart,
You and I can together become coheirs of the inheritance of grace, knowing that God shall be with us in all that lies ahead. Each time I leave you it becomes a wee bit harder to say goodbye. So darling, let me say, I love you, I love you, I love you.

Always your Sweetheart, Gordon

  • My dearest sweetheart,
My darling, you write that you hope you won't be a burden to me. Now I know that you are joking. For you could be none else than a joy and a blessing. Be assured of this forever! My only qualm of conscience is (and may the Lord forgive me for a purely human wish) that I won't be able to lavish upon you the material blessings that I am sure I could if I were in secular work. But we are working for a better world than this, are we not?...

Your Sweetheart forever, Gordon

  •  ‎Dearest Freda,
I'll be happy indeed when the time comes that you can take part with me in "our" work....

Your Sweetheart, Gordon

  • Dearest Sweetheart,
 I truly know that our union is in the will of God, and certainly the perfect will of God is the only place I desire to be in this troubled world...

Always your Sweetheart, Gordon

  • ‎Darling,
I can truthfully say that you found a place in my heart that neither time nor space can affect. Pray that the days may be shortened to the time we will meet again to part no more...

Your sweetheart, Gordon

  • Dearest Freda,
It is indeed refreshing in these days of fast living and material indiscrepancies (even among professed Christians) to find a couple as your pastor so closely bound by the chords of love. Of course the secret of a happy married life is to become absolutely one, not in tastes altogether, for variety is the spice of life, but one in spirit...

Your sweetheart forever, Gordon

  • My darling sweetheart,
It is true as you say, a life lived alone is to a great extent empty. One needs another to balance his judgment and to be a complement to his life. Life was meant to be shared. I have seen many things in my brief span, but the real pleasure of all experiences is in being able to share them with someone else...

Ever and Forever Yours, Gordon

  • Dearest Sweetheart,
Honey, please don't worry about your coming up to expectations. You are beyond my expectations. Maybe it should be the other way around - maybe I wont come up to yours. But anyway, no one could love you more than I....

Always your lover, Gordon (OK, Seriously, I knew this guy was a writer, but who knew he was such a romantic????)

  • Dearest sweetheart,
Love is a most delicate thing, and I treasure it above all. Its beauty is easily marred and its fragrance lost unless carefully guarded...Women are equal and should be to men. Man does not want either a superior or an inferior as his helpmate. Men and women are not competitors, but should be an inspiration one to another in the battle of life. Of course, in my case that is not true. For you are the best of all girls, and I am not the best of all men...

Forever yours, Gordon





No comments:

Post a Comment